Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Deanna Raybourn on Writerspace



Deanna Raybourn, one of my favorite new-to-me authors, will be chatting live tonight (Wednesday, Jan. 13) on Writerspace at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. She will be discussing her first book in the Victorian gothic mystery series featuring Lady Julia Grey and Nicholas Brisbane, Silent in the Grave. Great series and I highly recommend her books!



********************************************

UPDATED Thursday Jan. 14 -- I was able to get home in time to catch the tail end of her chat.....I learned that her fourth Lady Julia/Brisbane novel is titled Dark Road to Darjeeling and is moving along in production. When asked who she envisions as Lady Julia and Brisbane, Deanna Raybourn replied, "Eva Green and Robert Downey, Jr."





Great looking couple -- very close to my vision of the sluething duo. Looking forward to her future installments!

9 comments:

Svea Love said...

Oh I love her books! I have all of them. Wish I could have made it in time to chat :-/

http://muse-in-the-fog.blogspot.com/

Joanne said...

Hi, Muse -- I love her books, too; very entertaining, and love the "Brisbane" types (slightly dark and brooding, but very romantic!)

Kim said...

Sounds like something I might like -- thanks for the introduction. Some people are good about forming a face in their mind of characters. I always appreciate some help with actors.

I haven't been around a couple of days, so I missed the chat, but will put her on "the list" so I don't forget.

Joanne said...

Oh, yes, Kim, I think you would enjoy Raybourn's books...very clean romance, gothic settings, just fun and entertaining Victorian-era sleuthing couple.

Unknown said...

Oh!!! The thought of Robert Downey Jr. as Brisbane has me a little speechless...GREAT idea! And I've struggled with envisioning the "perfect" actress to play Julia - but I think Eva Green would be wonderful.

I can't wait for her new book in March (it looks like a standalone?) and the 4th Julia/Brisbane book in the fall.

Great blog BTW! :)

Joanne said...

Hi, Ruth -- Thank you for stopping by!

Yes, from what I've read on her blog, The Dead Travel Fast will be a stand-alone book. Can't wait for it to hit the shelves!

Celticlady's Reviews said...

I have a few of her books but have only read the first one and I did enjoy it... Love your blog and thanks for stopping by!!
Have a great weekend..

Joanne said...

Hello, CelticLady -- Oh, do read the next two because the plot does thicken for Julia and Brisbane (in a good way!)

Tales of Whimsy said...

O nice choices! He looks so debonair here.

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}