Monday, January 4, 2010

Oooh, la, la!




Isn't this the cutest award ever?

Kim from Chapter Chit Chat, who is just one of the nicest book bloggers, passed this Ooh, la! la! award to Slice of Life. What a nice way to begin the new year. Thank you, Kim!

Now, as part of my obligations in receiving this award, I need to answer a few questions:

Where is your favorite place to read a book?
In cold weather, I love to curl up with a book and blanket in a big, comfy chair in the den. In nice weather, I love to read on a chaise lounge on my patio or by the pool.

What is the best book you've read recently?
I've been lucky in that all of the books I've read recently have been very good, but I'll tell you about a book I can't wait to read this year: Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. It was highly recommended by Alaine at Queen of Happy Endings, and I'll be reading it for Alyce's Time Travel Challenge.

Do you snack while reading?
Is this a trick question? Yes! Chocolate would be my first choice, but I also snack on pretzels. And as the plot thickens, my chomping picks up speed!

Are you a book borrower or book collector?
Oh, a book collector for sure. I have book envy.....when I see a book on someone's blog that is beautiful and scrumptious-looking, I have to get it! I like to surround myself with books, so you'll find them in most rooms.

Now, here's a little new year cheer for some fabulous blogs that I think are just Ooh, la! la!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming

Laura at Laura's Reviews

Christy at Christy's Books

Muse at Muse in the Fog

6 comments:

Christy B said...

Thanks so much!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Joanne, thank you! I love this award - and I loved hearing your answers! The only thing I really snack on when reading is Pepp. Farm Goldfish, but I've sword off them for a while, back on the diet today, I've been so baaaad ever since T-giving. Thanks again!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

I mean sworn, not sword - can you tell I read too many historicals? LOL!

Joanne said...

Julie -- LOL (sword)! I know what you mean; I was doing so well (10 lbs.) with exercising and no carbs for dinner, but I blew it during the holidays. Time to get back on track!

Svea Love said...

Oh my! Thank you SO much Joanne!!! I absolutely love it...I will post it with honor. Thank you Thank you Thank you :)

Joanne said...

Christy and Muse - You are very welcome!

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}