Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning


"He was born to a clan of warriors of supernatural strength, but Gavrael McIllioch abandoned his name and his Highland castle, determined to escape the dark fate of his ancestors. Hiding his identity from the relentless rival clan that hunted him, he called himself Grimm to protect the people he cared for, vowing never to acknowledge his love for ravishing Jillian St. Clair. Yet even from afar he watched over her, and when her father sent an urgent summons, "Come for Jillian," he raced to her side -- into a competition to win her hand in marriage." (from the publisher)

my thoughts:

This will be a super quick write up! I've had Karen Moning's paranormal/highland romance series in my TBR pile since last summer, and I'm finally making time to work through them all. I wasn't terribly impressed with the first two (I read Beyond the Highland Mist last summer on a beach trip) but I've heard good things about the series as a whole so I'm interested in continuing through the books, knowing some will be hits and a few may be misses. The books contain elements that I enjoy such as time travel, myths, legends, magic, supernatural powers, and, of course, charismatic alpha heroes and beautiful heroines. Easy, breezy, pure escape reading...the kind of book I reach for when I head outside by the pool. (Plus I love the covers ;) On to #3, The Highlander's Touch.

3.5/5 stars

Title: To Tame a Highland Warrior
Author: Karen Marie Moning
1999
367 pages
genre: paranormal/highland romance

2 comments:

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Keep with it, I was meh about the first two books two, but book 3 ramped it up, and then Kiss of the Highlander was great! That's my favorite, with "Spell" a close 2nd, but "Touch" is really good too. Not crazy about the character of Adam, he pops in and out of the books throughout the series, but he does have one book all about him, but I thought it was over the top. Enjoy!

Joanne said...

I'm looking forward to whipping through them this summer -- they look fun!

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}