Monday, January 17, 2011

Karen Marie Moning in New Orleans



The "Moniacs" are in town, (as fans of Karen Marie Moning are called) and from what I've heard on tv and in the papers, they're having a great time here in N.O. while they anxiously wait to get their hands on the latest book in the Fever series, Shadowfever. There was a terrific article on Karen and her books in the newspaper, and this morning she stopped in at a local news show to do an interview. (I wouldn't have recognized her with her shorter hair style!) Click here for the newspaper article.



Wish I could attend her book signing events at the LaPavillon Hotel, but that's not to be. (I'd like her to sign one of my copies of her Highlander books.) If I see any news about her Launch Party, I'll pass it along.

6 comments:

Staci said...

I love her and her books...can't wait until my library calls me to say my copy of this one is in!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! Don't know her books but if her fans are that fun maybe I'll need to look into her stuff...

Joanne said...

Hi, Staci and Iwriteinbooks: I need to get going on her Fever series! As usual, I'm the last one to the party!

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

I keep seeing this series everywhere. But I have no idea what it's about! What novels would be comparable? I'm trying to figure out if it is something I would like or not.

Joanne said...

Hi, Avid Reader -- To tell you the truth, I've avoided this popular urban fantasy series because I have so many historical fiction books that I need to tackle. I've read a few of her highlander romance stories and they're hot! I've ordered the set and I'm going to give them a try just to make myself step outside of my comfort zone (historicals). I believe they are dark and edgy.

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

I might just have to investigate this series further then.

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}