Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Top 10 Tuesday - Books I Would Recommend for Readers Who Don't Read Romance
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
The topic today is: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read _______
(fill in the blank with any genre)
Today's topic was too fun to pass up, so I'm joining in with other bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish to make up my list of books for non-romance readers.
I read quite a large number of great books that fall more into the romance category, particularly the historical romance genre, that are very well-written and enjoyable. Here's my Top 10 list of great books and authors for the non-romance readers with a link to my review:
l. The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley (She's a top favorite of mine.)
2. Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught (She has a great list - try any one of them!)
3. She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
4. My Love, My Enemy by Jan Cox Speas
5. Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald
6. Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware
7. Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig
8. The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery
9. Only Mr. Darcy Will Do by Kara Louise
10. Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman
All are wonderful books with a romance at the heart of the story with an equally compelling plot. I hope one of these titles will tempt you to give something in the historical romance genre a try!
Posted by Joanne at 10:07 AM