Monday, April 29, 2013

Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman




About the Book:

From the author of Wildflower Hill, this breathtaking novel travels more than a century between two love stories set in the Australian seaside town of Lighthouse Bay.

In 1901, a ship sinks off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The only survivor is Isabella Winterbourne, who clutches a priceless gift meant for the Australian Parliament. This gift could be her ticket to a new life, free from the bonds of her husband and his overbearing family. But whom can she trust in Lighthouse Bay?

Fast-forward to 2011: after losing her lover, Libby Slater leaves her life in Paris to return to her hometown of Lighthouse Bay, hoping to gain some perspective and grieve her recent loss. Libby also attempts to reconcile with her sister, Juliet, to whom she hasn’t spoken in twenty years. Libby did something so unforgivable, Juliet is unsure if she can ever trust her sister again.

In these two adventurous love stories, both Isabella and Libby must learn that letting go of the past is the only way to move into the future. The answers they seek lie in Lighthouse Bay.
(from Goodreads)

My thoughts:

Wildflower Hill was one of my top favorite reads in 2011, so Kimberley Freeman's new release was a highly anticipated read for me this year. I'm happy to say she did not disappoint -- another 5 star read!

Two stories......two women one hundred years apart.......both have had their lives affected in different ways by the rich and powerful Winterbourne  family.

Set on the beautiful Australian coast, Lighthouse Bay is a story of survival from heartbreak, with mystery, secrets, and adventure. Loved every minute of this time slip novel!

5/5 stars

*This book is from my personal library.

5 comments:

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

So glad to hear you enjoyed this one as much as you did Wildflower Hill. I can't wait to read it.

Joanne said...

Melissa, I hope you enjoy it! I adored Isabella's story (the one set in the past).

Staci said...

5 stars grab my attention!! I must try this author!!!

Anne said...

Wildflower Hill has been sitting on my bookshelf for so long, I really need to read it soon!

Marg said...

This author is interesting to me. For some reason I always hear more about her from international bloggers than I do from Aussie bloggers even though she is an Australian author!

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}