Saturday, October 30, 2010

In Honor of All Hallows Eve...



In honor of this All Hallows weekend, I thought it would be fun to create a post linking to some of the books I have read and places I have visited related to this deliciously chilling holiday...a wax museum in the French Quarter, the house of the Mayfair witches, and some wonderful books to get you in the mood for Halloween.

Hope you have some exciting plans for celebrating, or just curling up with a book and some candy corn! ;)


The House of the Mayfair Witches

Musee Conti Historical Wax Museum

The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

Dracula, My Love by Syrie James

A Broken Vessel by Kate Ross

Gardella Vampire Series by Colleen Gleason

A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters

The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn

Second Sight by Amanda Quick

Books to Thrill and Chill



My plans? With the family away at a football game, I intend to curl up and watch a few episodes from my Dark Shadows collection and du Maurier's Rebecca.




1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for the list! I emailed it to myself for future reference.

Favorite Period Dramas

Mount TBR

Joanne's to-read book montage

On a Highland Shore
A Light on the Veranda
Entwined
The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile
The Edwardians
Maisie Dobbs
Howards End
Lady's Maid
Instruments Of Darkness
When Maidens Mourn
Where Shadows Dance
What Remains of Heaven
Where Serpents Sleep
Why Mermaids Sing
When Gods Die
Shadowfever
Before Ever After
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
After the Night


Joanne's favorite books »
}